IMPORTANT INFO FROM BASKETBALL ENGLAND DTD 18/09/20
s BE have approved government guidance and ‘organised sport’ remains exempt from the increased social distancing measures that the government are imposing.
Everyone in the game should not be taking this situation lightly and everyone is strongly urged at this time to follow the guidance diligently. In particular, ensure that:
- All members have read and understand Appendix 4
- All clubs have an assigned COVID-19 Officer
- Screening protocols are taking place as per our guidelines which includes temperature checking prior to entry
- Venue mitigation strategies are in place including one-way systems and clear signage
- Any incidents are being reported to Basketball England
- All non-playing staff are wearing face coverings
Health and Safety
To support clubs and members further we have created a number of resources including videos, posters and guidance documents which can be found on the Basketball England Return to Play – Resources page.
Charlie Ford, Basketball England's Interim Chief Operating Officer said: "It’s imperative at this time that everyone in the basketball community comes together and follows the guidance that we have created. The Healthy and safety of the basketball family is and continues to be our primary focus in returning everyone to the game.
"We will shortly be updating our guidance, which already includes all considerations for competitions and leagues to resume, and we will soon be staging a number of training webinars to help clubs with these changes.
"Details of the webinars will be announced shortly."
Release date: 18th September 2020
Submitted by: Cliff Fullbrook, 79 Views